Friday, January 06, 2006

Pardon The Interruption....For A Soft (For Now) Sell

I don’t like to use this blog for grandstanding or self-aggrandizement, so I’ll make this post quick and to the point.
Yours truly is the new Editor-in-Chief of Motor City Sports (MCS) Magazine. Or editor-in-chief. However much importance you choose to place on such a position. Anyhow, I will now assume the role of the person who will make sure everything you read in MCS is sharp, edgy, accurate and at times humorous. It is a responsibility I do not take lightly.

MCS Magazine, for those who don’t know, is a monthly publication that means to tell stories about Detroit and Michigan sports that the reader can’t find anywhere else. I suppose if we were to create a mission statement, that would be it. Along the way there will be some fun stuff, some nostalgia, and we want to make you laugh, too. We might even make you shed a tear here and there.

MCS Magazine is set to go to press with its fourth issue, the February book, which will be available February 7. Currently, you can find MCS Magazine at all Kroger’s and Barnes and Noble bookstores, along with independent retailers throughout the state of Michigan. Or, you can also subscribe, by browsing over to www.motorcitysports.net.



The February 2006 issue features our 2005 Awards, including Unsung Hero, Performance of the Year, Game of the Year and, of course, 2005 Sportsperson of the Year. There are also fun awards like The Webber -- which I will leave you to figure out on your own accord. And I would tell you who the MCS Magazine 2005 Sportsperson of the Year is, but then I’d have to kill you, and I don’t have time for all that drama.
Anyhow, I hope you check out the magazine, and also the website.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled blog.

No comments: