Tuesday, April 12, 2005

A Little Bit About Me & This Blog

First, I thank you. You're here for a reason -- maybe you like sports and can't get enough of people talking about it, sharing opinions. Maybe you stumbled here by accident. Maybe you've read me at www.RetailDetroit.com or www.motorcitysports.net. Regardless, thanks!

Here you will find mainly sports talk, and mainly about the teams from my hometown of Detroit. Sorry, rest of the country, but the Motor City needs more voices out there. Aren't you sick of the Yankees and Red Sox, anyway?

Okay, now what are my qualifications to pontificate about sports, besides having access to a computer?

I began following sports in 1970, when I was all of seven years old. One of my first memories was watching Tom Dempsey, a kicker born with half a foot, beat my beloved Lions with a 63-yard field goal as time expired. It was November 8, 1970, and despite the fact that I just witnessed one of the toughest defeats you can imagine, I think I was hooked. So that's where it all began. I am now in my 35th season watching, covering, and talking sports. I may not have seen it all, but it's pretty close.

Anyhow, I'll put my two cents in, almost every day, about whatever sports bee is in my bonnet. If you agree and think I'm on the money, I'd love to hear it. If you think I am a few jokers short of a deck, then I'd love to hear that, too. What's some good sports talk without frequent disagreements? The only things that'll be missing from this blog will be a bowl of pretzels and a cold beer. Although if you're buying, I'm game.

Ready? Here we go.....

No comments: