Friday, June 24, 2005

Thanks, Krista! Today's Freep Gives "Out of Bounds" Some Generous Ink

Just wanted to give a shout out to Krista Latham of the Detroit Free Press. Krista is a sportswriter there, and she is also at times the "Undercover Fan." Sorry to out you, Krista, but you deserve my thanks for the nice plug in today's Freep, on page 2C, in your story about Pistons bloggers. Very generous of you to give me such ink. And you mentioned the debut of Motor City Sports Magazine, which will hit newsstands October 4, 2005.

Speaking of MCS Magazine, you should know it will be a monthly pub dedicated to Detroit and Michigan sports -- high school, college and pro. Look for it. For subscription info, mouse on over to www.motorcitysports.net.



To find out what Undercover Fan had to say about me, click on "MORE" at the end of this post.

Thanks again, Krista! (And now you know what I wrote about a Pistons' Game 7 loss).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are all sad that the Pistons lost, but they did it with style, class and heart. I am still very proud of the Pistons. They pushed until the final seconds of the game.

Ian C. said...

Congratulations on the "dap," Greg. You do good work here, and I'm glad to see more people will find you through the Freep article.

I wish my quotes would've made it into the piece too, but hey, I'm glad to see a good all-sports Detroit blog like yours get some attention.

Anonymous said...

You hit the nail on the head... still the champs, still the best. Just a little more time and they would have had it. But the game clock is not so giving. I did not go out of my way to say that Detroit had it all sewn up for game 7 but in my heart I believed. And I'll keep on believing. Just like I did in '89 &'90.
They are the new bad boys! And every bit as good as the old!!
Bring on season 2005-2006. I having withdrawls already:(