Thursday, April 17, 2008

Thursday's Things

(on most Thursdays at OOB, I rant in list fashion. Last week it was Ten Things I'll Never Forget When It Comes To Red Wings Playoff Runs)

Things Overheard When Jim Leyland "Lost It" At His Team Last Sunday

1. "This ain't TV; I can say those 'Seven Words', you know! I'm THIS close!"

2. "$%&! &%$ #@!* !#$%! See? That's four of 'em, right there!"

3. "I picked a bad week to cut down to three packs of Marlboros per day"

4. "Can't anyone around here throw a G**damn first pitch strike?!"

5. "Or work a F***ING ball three count?"

6. "The next guy who grounds into a $#!@ double play, I'll have Gene Lamont sit on you!"

7. "Or has to step in against Dontrelle Willis"

8. "Cy Young is dead! And you guys keep reincarnating him"

9. "Those Geico cavemen can hit better with their $#@! clubs!"

10. "Just kill me now and get it over with"

11. "Even Andy Van Slyke doesn't find this funny"

12. "Keep this up and I'll bring Bonds in here. Don't think I won't!"

13. "We got more stiffs in here than the Wayne County morgue"

14. "We need Shaun Rogers on our pitching staff. At least he has no trouble locating a plate"

15. "You guys could take batting practice in a china shop and we'd owe them nothing"



No comments: